The Financial Investigation Agency’s (“Agency”) Supervision and Enforcement Unit is seeking to fill the post of Compliance Examiner.
This position reports to the Chief Compliance Examiner and is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the Agency’s AML/CFT/CPF supervision regime for Non-Profit Organisations and Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professions (“Supervised Entities”).
- Perform risk-based assessments of supervised entities.
- Review and provide timely feedback to supervised entities on compliance manuals.
- Conduct compliance examinations (desk-based and onsite) and ongoing monitoring of non-compliance.
- Produce comprehensive reports on the activities undertaken, including reports on compliance examinations and corrective actions.
- Assist in developing and delivering presentations and outreach workshops geared towards increasing AML/CFT/CPF awareness amongst the supervised entities.
- Keep abreast of international developments in AML/CFT/CPF.
- Maintain strict standards of confidentiality in dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Communicate policies to supervised entities and other stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with supervised entities and other stakeholders.
- Assist and provide input in the establishment and ongoing development of the supervisory framework.
- Maintain compliance database and files to ensure that information is accurate and current.
- Assist with the recording and reporting of statistics for the Unit.
- Associate’s degree in law, business administration, economics, accounting, finance or related field.
- Prior experience in financial or legal services field, within a compliance-based role.
- Knowledge of the Territory’s AML/CFT/CPF framework and legislation.
- Attention to detail and the ability to critically analyse information.
- Ability to draft reports and make recommendations concisely.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and to exercise tact and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and manage a high workload.
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, business administration, finance, economics or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the financial or legal services industry, preferably in a compliance role.
- AML/CFT Compliance Certification.
- Working knowledge of the Territory’s AML/CFT/CPF legislation and the FATF Recommendations
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and fast-paced environment. If you are interested in working within the Agency’s Supervision and Enforcement Unit, and hold the relevant experience and qualifications as well as a passion for compliance, give us the opportunity to consider your application.
Your complete application should include a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications that meet the requirements of the post.
All applications should be addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
Financial Investigation Agency
2nd Floor, Ritter House
Wickham’s Cay II
PO Box 4090
Road Town, Tortola
Or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 28 April 2023